Friday 6 February 2015

MAC TWIG review




HEYY  YOU GUYS :D  been sooo long,i almost forgot i even have a blogspot :p

 
ANYWAY  Im back with a not so "budget friendly" makeup-y item.I went on a splurge spree this new year so there are one too many items stored for review :))



Price:- 1450rs





The world is going cray-cray about kylie jenner lip,everything  from to her  lip liner to lipstick to over drawing.I tried to not get into the bandwagon,mauve seemed way too mature for me but i gave in to the temptation irrespective.

After doing alot of research online i realised none of the shades she wears or so some bloggers claimed wouldnt look the same on me since my lips are pigmented.So i planned on going to the mac store and grabbing one,and boy who knew finding a proper nude lipstick to your skin tone would be such a drama

I've had a few MAC lipsticks  in the past but the issue I have always had is that so many colors don't suit my skin tone and they end up washing me out, I would describe it as a mauvey brown shade. When you look at it at first it almost looks like a reddish brown but once you swatch it is definitely a mauve shade. It's perfect for my skin color, if anything I feel like this shade enhances my features and almost makes me glow? I can't describe it.  Its a satin finish which is kind of like a matte finish but a little bit creamier with a little bit of glossiness. It's not drying whatsoever, and the staying power is fantastic, 




Twig would look absolutely amazing on indian skin tone,maybe its one of the reason why its ALWAYS out of stock.

It is a Satin Finish Mac Lipstick which means it has a semi-matte kind of look. Satin finish lipsticks can tend to be a bit drying and Mac Mocha is definitely a little bit drying, but Twig is definitely one of the nicest Satin finish Mac’s i have tried. Its creamy, and it doesnt pull or tug on the lips and hopefully it wont dry out over time either. Satin finishes last quite a while- atleast 5 hours on me!



Overall, I highly recommend this shade.  If you're looking for a work-appropriate shade or just a nude lipstick try Twig!




 PROS
  •  The shade would look beautiful on every indian skin
  • Satin is my favourite texture from mac
  • Highly pigmented

CONS

  • Settles into fine lines
  • Expensive
  • Availibility

Longevity: 4.5/5
 
Packaging: 4/5

 
Application: 4/5

 
Texture: 5/5

 
Pigmentation: 4.5/5

 
Value For Money: 4/5

 
Overall Rating: 8.67/10 



No comments:

Post a Comment